Friday, April 25, 2008

23 Things Part 5

Like a few other of my cohort, I jumped the gun for Part 5. I
subscribed to many sites in Part 4 when that is supposed to be part of
part 5. Anyway, I largely revisited some of my most heavily "traveled"
RSS sites from NetNewsWire. (If you're interested, check them out at: http://www.bloglines.com/public/MiddleSchoolMatters
) . RSS can allow you to gather a lot of information together. I think
that it needs to be targeted though. I sometimes return to visiting web
sites for a couple of reasons.

  1. Going to a web site gives me more context.
  2. Going to a web site "slows" me down. This allows me to process better.
  3. I can automatically "rank" the sites that I want to see. Yes, I
    know that I can do something similar with the RSS reader, but somehow
    it's still different.

No comments: